COVID-19 & Cassegrain Wines
29.06.2020 UPDATED // Restrictions have eased and we are welcoming YOU back onto our winery grounds!
- Cellar door is re-opened with a max capacity of 50 individuals at any one time.
- All tastings are to be seated. Currently bookings are not required, but this may change.
- Tastings are available with cheese platters.
- Winery tours are available, but please ring Cellar Door on 02 6582 8324 for bookings
- Our on-site restaurant – twotriplefour – has re-opened. Please contact direct for bookings. Open 10am – 4pm Thursday to Sunday [OPEN 7 DAYS DURING THE NSW SCHOOL HOLIDAYS – Monday 6th July until Sunday 19th July]
- Our Hello Koalas koala is ready to be ‘found’ on the wider Hello Koala’s tour.
- Port Macquarie Horse Riding (located on our grounds) is open – please contact direct for bookings.
- Local accommodation is eager and waiting for you to savour in the unique and laid-back wintery vibes of the Mid North Coast…
We’ll see you soon!
2020 Will be remembered throughout history. It will be remembered for the incredible impact of circumstance – both here in Australia and the world over.
We here at Cassegrain more so hope that 2020 is remembered for the unification and revitalisation of what community is. Of what we are capable of when we work together. Here at Cassegrain, we’ve seen this already, and it is far more infectious than the worst pandemic.
To put it in simple terms – both our supply chain and our sales channels have been greatly affected by the drought, the bushfires and by COVID-19.
Due to the drought and then smoke damaged fruit from devastating bushfires across many regions in NSW we were always in for a difficult and small harvest. The good news is we have some cracker wines from the 2020 harvest, the first of which we will be bottling and releasing at the end of April.
We’re so grateful to work with such a strong representation of NSW farmers from many of the notable wine regions here in NSW – as we are a multi-regional winery. Its great to give back to them and help ensure their futures through our work.
As we all navigate through this year it’s our wish that we are a part of your thoughts. We know that’s a big ask! Maybe not as a winery but simply as fellow Australian’s who are weathering this storm alongside you. After we weather the storm – let’s please share a drink together.
Thanks to our incredible followers and customers – we have recently been experiencing higher than average demand online. Our response and delivery times are taking longer than usual.
We want to thank you for your patience and support as our teams work hard to be there for you both in store and online.
- For now – our Cellar Door remains open for bottles sales but we are unable to run tastings and tours.
- We have taken measures to ensure that the Cellar Door has social distancing parameters in place and that the shopping experience is predicated on safety and minimal intervention/handling.
- Our online store – via our new website we’ve just launched – is here for you. We want to support you as much as possible so should you have any questions about our website – please feel free to let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org.
During these unprecedented times, as we strive to provide a safe and friendly environment for our customers, team members and the communities in which we operate – we are reviewing and monitoring our services daily and are following advice from the Federal government and the advice of the World Health Organisation and their recommendations for minimising the spread of this virus.
We wish to thank everyone for their understanding and co-operation at adjusting to a new way of shopping with us – take care of each other, we are in this together.
Yours in wine,